Saturday, May 12, 2007

A day at the Zoo


This weekend we hung out with the Jones boys while their parents were in Nashville. We've been doing this for the last few years for them and I love the boys. It will be sad when we move... Adam and I took the boys and our cousins Grace and Eli to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. It's a cute little zoo and we had a lot of fun.

I love these kinds of pictures. The kids are so cute.




The kids.


Dakota. He is one of the smartest people I know. He knows everything about everything and never ceases to amaze me. He's going to become a world renowned scientist, I can feel it.



Dillon and Eli. Best buds when they aren't fighting over video games.



Casey and Grace. I hope they get married one day. Then we'll be related to the Jones.



For any of you that have seen "Happy Feet," I'm sure you understand when I say, poor Mumbles. I think he just wants to go home.



I love the African village. It's my favorite part of the zoo. Aside from the animals. One day Adam and I will be doing expeditions in Africa, the Amazon and the Australian outback while he studies reptiles and I study the people. Maybe we'll get to stay in a place like this. Very cool. Who needs all the modern amenities? Technology is way overrated.

2 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

I can't wait to take CJ to the zoo this summer! We didn't go last year but the 2 years before we did. He loves the zoo. We currently have a signing time DVD from the library and it is the zoo one so he is learning zoo signs. He is always talking about going. So this summer I will take him again. I am also going to take him to the Living Planet Aquarium. Fun fun!!!

Brooke said...

Somehow I missed the day at the zoo and girls day out. I'm so happy that my kids started out their life together in Seattle with the people I love. I know you'll take great memories of your family and friends with you as you begin your new adventure in Arizona but I'm sad you are leaving Seattle.