Sunday, May 20, 2007

Moving


"The Golden Age of Travel occurred between 1890 and the outbreak of World War II. In this period wonderful hotels abounded, and the various modes of transport reached their glorious apogee."

I love this luggage. Samsonite luggage from the 1940s. The vintage luggage labels were my addition. I love the old posters from this era. Trains are my favorite way to travel and my dream is to one day ride the Orient Express.

So I started packing yesterday for our move and will be living out of a suitcase for the next three weeks. Fun fun! I leave town in a few days for Chantelle's graduation and then the day after I get back is when we have to move out of our apartment. Yech. For two weeks we will be staying with Adam's aunt until his contract is up June 15th and then we move to Arizona. I am really excited about starting this new chapter of our lives but it is stressful getting everything done. It will be nice to relax again...

3 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

You and your luggage. You totally crack me up!! I can't wait to see you in a few days!! Whoo Hoo!!

whitney said...

i love the luggage! too cute. i am so excited for you guys. i mean, i know that we will all be sad to see you leave seattle, but i know you guys will have a great time in arizona. we will have to come and visit!

Brooke said...

4honorBeautiful luggage. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and we moved so much and flying was such a big deal and we had luggage like that. They have never really satisfactorily replaced the little make-up case and, if you're lucky you can find one like yours every once in awhile.

Oh, for the good 'ol days....