Sunday, December 23, 2007

God Bless Us, Everyone

Friday night Adam and I went to see A Christmas Carol at the Flagstaff Theatrikos with my dear friend Tom. A Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas story and I have seen just about every movie version possible. Last year I had the opportunity to see the play for the first time with Adam's family in Seattle. I loved it. It was so neat to see and they did such an amazing job. Aside from the spitting Scrooge, that is! The play we saw this year was in a small community theater and definitely lower budget but the story is still the same. Every time I see it or hear the story I can't help but get all weepy and sentimental, and yes, I do shed a tear or two. It always reminds me of what's important in life and really puts the Christmas season into perspective. I am surrounded by such amazing friends and family and am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I am truly blessed in my life. Maybe if I had seen it sooner I wouldn't have felt quite as Scroogey earlier in the season.

Afterwards Tom took us around Flagstaff to see all the Christmas lights. It was so much fun. It was almost like being a kid again. Adam and I have decided that when we own a home we are going all out like the Griswolds. We'll be the envy of all the neighbors.


God bless us, everyone. Merry Christmas.

No comments: