Thursday, May 22, 2008

He's Back!


Midnight showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The guy Indiana Jones in this picture, otherwise known as Arizona Smith, really knows how to use a whip. He kept giving demonstrations which was pretty amazing. And the creepy German guy never broke character.

For those who haven't figured it out by now, I LOVE Indiana Jones. I have been obsessed since I was a little girl and my cousin Christy and I used to have lots of fun playing Indiana Jones as kids on my grandparents property ion El Cajon. He was even the inspiration for my love of Archaeology. And yes, I know that's not how it really is...

I really enjoyed the movie even though Raiders will always be my favorite. For any Indy fan, there are a lot of small little things that you will notice in the movie that reference parts of Indy's life and other movies. Some people however, might find the supernatural part not to their liking and if not, there is some literature out there that will enlighten you. After you see the movie, let me know and I will give you the name of some sites and books to read. I would post it here but it would be a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie. It was a lot of fun waiting in line for hours upon hours in the freezing weather with all the other fans. I even dressed up and joined in on all the photo ops.

I still love Indiana Jones more than ever and would definitely go see IJ4 again.

6 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

So.... how was it?!? Everything you hoped it would be? I've been waiting to see how you liked it and if we should go watch it!

The Aprecios said...

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/15081

These are fun :)

Im heading out to see the movie now!! I couldnt focus today at work Im so excited!

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

I saw it and loved it. Send me the sites and books. I would love to read more about it.

Ginn Family said...

We haven't seen it yet but I'm glad to know you thought it was good. It takes quite a bit for me to convince Bobby to go to the movies.

Parnell's said...

You guy's look great! I loved the movie until the end! But, I still love the movie for what it was.

amber said...

Came. Saw it. Loved it. Want it. My boss even wants Him.... haha. It was great though. I loved how he kept making fun of how old he was.