Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Camping Trip That Almost Was

Earlier this week Adam and I and a friend of ours tried to get some camping in before the summer officially ended. We went to Oak Creek in Sedona and had a blast at the creek. Just as we were about to start dinner the rain started. It stopped just long enough for us to build a fire and make some dinner. We tried to tough it out in the shelter of the tent but that's where the trip stopped. The tent leaked and we were left with some soaking wet sleeping bags. Needless to say, we packed up and headed home. But oh no, the adventure doesn't stop there. From Oak Creek to Flagstaff it should only be about 30 to 45 minutes. Somehow I ended up in Cottonwood and our drive turned into oh, I don't know, 2 hours. I have never been so happy to get home. We ended up having Chantelle over and making microwave smores. Not quite the same but at least we got smores. The best part was out new discovery of what the area has to offer and a new and gorgeous place to play in the water and camp. Have I mentioned I love Northern Arizona? It really starts to grow on you.


Isn't it gorgeous?!
I love this picture. However, the cell phone does kind of ruin the moment...


The lagoon.
The water got a little deeper than I was expecting.

And then I fell in.


My Playboy pose.
The water nymph.
Gandalf. "You shall not pass."
Our friend Jessica, enjoying the beauty of the lagoon.
* Photos courtesy of Jessica Hallet.

2 comments:

The Jenson's said...

That looks so beautiful! Sorry it rained, but it looks like you had fun before it did.

Brooke said...

Was Adam peeing in the one? I want you to take us to that place some day. It looks beautiful. Next stop, San Diego! Yea!!!