Saturday, February 26, 2011

4th of July

One of the hardest parts about moving from Washington was not being able to see Adam's cousins as often as we had while living there. 4th of July the Gee's and Shorts made a trip to the Paris house in Idaho to celebrate Independence Day. Adam and I being the crazy ones that we are made the 11 hour drive just a few short hours after I arrived home from field school. The drive was absolutely beautiful and I have decided that Logan, Utah is on the top of my list for places to move. The drive was nuts but totally worth it to surprise the kids when we showed up at the Paris house. I've really missed seeing them all grow up these last few years. I hope they all know just how much they mean to me.

The Paris house.

Naptime with Sam after the long night of driving. I think he missed Adam.

Just chillaxin' and watching the parade.

Me and Anna and Mom and Pop. Just after a very moving performance at the Paris tabernacle. Not going to lie, the soldiers tribute totally made me cry.

Adam and I with Miss Grace. She was just 2 when I first married Adam. She was the one who brought in the quilt Adam proposed to me with at the family cabin on Beaver Lake.

All the cousins in super fab hats.

No comments: