I spent one amazing month participating in a field school in the Vermillion Cliffs National Monument and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I met some really great people and will never forget my Kaibab Locos! A few of the girls that I met at field school also go to NAU so I run into them on occasion at the Anthropology offices or at meetings. Dani and I (yes, another Dani) have actually had quite a few classes together the last few semesters which has been fun. Most of the other girls I still talk to on occasion, mostly on Facebook because face it, that's just the way it is these days. I have tons more pictures that I would love to post of the various field trips and the work we did as well as more of the group but there are tons! So for now I will just post a few.
Taking a break from digging in the dirt to pose for the camera.
Can you tell I am in heaven?! And yes, those are thousand year old pot fragments.
Watching Jana do some work on our test pit.
Jana and I sifting the buckets and buckets of dirt we lifted out of our test unit.
Sand painting.
Me and DJ Double D (Dani D.) working on our unit.
The Kaibab Locos. Dani, Dani, Chelsea and Sarah.
Our unit, picture perfect for Michael.

Sarah, Dani and I doing some surveying and mapping of a new site we found.

Learning about mapping using a total station with Dr. Chris Downum.

Me with the Staff of Ra. Otherwise known as the prism.

Having a powwow and gleaning what we can from Michael and his plethora of knowledge on just about any subject. Ever.

The Dirrty Girlz.
Jana, Chelsea, Dani, Dani, Genevieve, Paula and Sarah.
1 comment:
That is so awesome! Looks like a wonderful time.
Post a Comment