Friday, June 20, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever


Last night we had our friends Megan and Damien over for dinner. They are just as dorky as us. I love it. Anyway, I wanted something fun and summery for dessert so I decided to attempt a strawberry pie. Can I just say that it was amazing? So so good, if I do say so myself. I used a standard pie crust but then spread a layer of melted semi sweet chocolate on the bottom, layered it with sliced strawberries, covered it with a strawberry glaze and then topped it with homemade whipped cream. It is officially my new favorite dessert. Yay for good friends and summer!

4 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

This looks and sound d-licious! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Sarah said...

Oh, dangit. That looks so good. I'll have to beg someone to make that for me after I get this little girl out of me. :-D

To answer your question, Shelagh moved to Bend, Oregon. If you have her cell number, it's remained the same. I have her address somewhere. I'll look it up and send it to you.

Kelly said...

you made that glorious looking treat? can i have one?? :o)

Brain Balance Mom said...

Hey Dani, how did you find me? So strange how that works. I was actually thinking about you the other day and was telling my little sister how we used to go collect coupons from all the neighbors... How sad. It was fun at the time I guess...
That is funny that you are into Indiana... I love him too, but apparently not as much as you!